I have a large selection of Acorn machines at home and use them to generate
all these web sites. To do this I have generated some tools that I find
useful, it is possible that you will also find them useful.
At present I have only placed one thing here :-
!HTMLTools contains a number of tools for generating HTML, they are useful
to the way I generate HTML and may be to you.
These need to be used in conjunction with a suitable editor - I use !Zap
with HTML extensions. I also use a web viewer, I use Ants Fresco.
I create a lot of pages for my wife. These I generate directly then create
a TAR file with the updates. The TAR file is then FTP'd into the Web space
of a friend who gives us a portion of his (vast) web space on a unix machine
somewhere. Hence the file name extensions and the use of a TAR file.
The curious can see the results at
The tools currently are :-
The Check, Demoranise and New/Changed are in Perl, all have a desktop front end.
- TARCOPY - Generate a TAR file with changes or the entire directory
- LINKCHECK - Check the syntax and links of a set of Web pages
- TEXT2HTML - Convert Text to HTML adding head/tail sorting out line wraps
- INFORMATION - Details about all the tools and help.
- CHECK - Full Syntax check, this is a separate
perl program. (weblint for Risc-os)
- UPDATE - Create and maintain modified date in files.
- COUNT FILETYPES - Count all file types under a given set of directories.
- DEMORANISE - Remove gross Microsoftisms from web pages
- NEW CHANGED - Not general purpose (yet).
Other tools will be added in the future.
Download the Zipped HTMLtools.
I use perl at home, are there any other Acorn Perl users out there?
The Risc-OS / Acorn Perl site.
Visited times since 1 Jan 2000.
Last changed on 15th of October 2001
Back to Waveney.demon Top
Back to Waveney.org Top